Framework development update
The sequence of review board meetings for the year is finalized and the USEF Design team is now working on the key design updates for USEF 2018. Elements of this work will be published in position papers and the existing framework documents will be upgraded to include new concepts. Publication is scheduled for Q4-2018
2018 Design update topics
1. Flexibility Value Chain Products
Distinguishing implicit demand respond services to Prosumers and explicit demand respond services to BRPs, TSOs and DSOs. USEF’s Flexibility Value Chain concept will be enriched with ‘characteristics of delivery’ and remuneration elements.
2. Long-term flexibility contracts (availability contracts)
A cross-check of USEF with existing European flexibility services to identify:
· which USEF Flexibility Value Chain services have been deployed
· which Aggregator Implementation Models identified in the Aggregator Workstream have been applied
· How the ‘7 complexities of demand-side flexibility’ are being solved
3. Independent Aggregator (workstream results)
Revisiting USEF’s roles model and interactions based on the workstream results. New interactions will include all 7 aggregator implementation models as defined by the Aggregator Workstream. These will allow for value stacking while ensuring that individual services can be completely separated.
4. Relation to power exchange platforms
The main focus is on platforms with the (primary) function of market place. The main initiatives in Europe will be introduced and analyzed and descriptions of their relation to USEF’s Flexibility Value Chain will be added. Emphasis will be given to the DSO capacity / congestion management product.